WHAT ARE COOKIES?
A cookie is a small file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
Cookies are used by web servers to identity and track users as they navigate different pages on a website and to identify users returning to a website.
Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies. A persistent cookie consists of a text file sent by a web server to a web browser, which will be stored by the browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date (unless deleted by the user before the expiry date). A session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
COOKIES ON THIS WEBSITE
Cookies do not contain any information that personally identifies you, but personal information that we store about you may be linked, by us, to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
We may collect, store and use the information we obtain from your use of our cookies for the following purposes:
- - To recognise your computer, your visit and use of this website. This includes the browser type, IP address, referral source, geographical location, number of pages visited/views and length of visit.
- - To analyse and improve the website’s usability;
- - In the administration of this website;
- - To prevent fraud and improve the security of the website;
- - To personalise our website for you, including targeting advertisements which may be of particular interest to you.
THIRD PARTY COOKIES
When you use our website, you may also be sent third party cookies. Our advertisers / service providers may send you cookies. They may use the information they obtain from your use of their cookies:
- - To track your browser across multiple websites;
- - To build a profile of your web surfing;
- - To target advertisements this may be of particular interest to you.
Our advertising services providers may send you cookies for the purpose of enabling the service of advertisements based on your previous visits to our website. We do not control the setting of 3rd party cookies used in our website and we recommend you visit the third party websites for more information.
If cookies are not enabled on your computer is could mean that your experience with our website will be impacted. However, if you want to control or delete cookies you can do so.
Information on deleting cookies or controlling cookies is available at www.aboutcookies.org. To reiterate though, by deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our site.
FURTHER INFORMATION ABOUT COOKIES
If you’d like to learn more about cookies in general and how to manage them, visit www.aboutcookies.org (opens in a new window – please note that we can’t be responsible for the content of external websites).